Monday, February 4, 2013

GDS 222: Don't Throw Any of Yourself Away

I have been a comic book and superhero nut from way back when.  If you offer me a choice between classic literature, like Tom Sawyer, and a graphic novel, chances are I will take both when you aren't looking, but I will read the graphic novel first.  An offshoot of this minor obsession is that I love Saturday morning cartoons!  Specifically, superhero Saturday morning cartoons.  However, since I am now in college and super busy all the time, I often have to use my Saturdays to sleep in, so I miss the cartoons.  It's silly and somewhat stupid, yes, but I miss my cartoons.  So, since the section I chose to emulate this week was about reconnecting with old hobbies and passions, I decided I was going to make it a point to cut some time out of my schedule to watch some cartoons.  I found a channel that still played the old Batman and Superman cartoons from the 90's, and they are even airing old Animaniacs reruns!  It not only made me feel like a kid again, but I swear it charged me creatively in a way that I have not felt in years!  I would highly recommend it for anyone who feels that they need a boost.  Watch some cartoons.  Better than coffee any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment